Presidential Physician: Presley Marion Rixey
- Medical school: University of Virginia, 1873
- RADM, USN
- Surgeon General, USN, 1902-1910
- Rixey accompanied Roosevelt to Panama in November 1906 [McCullough].
- Braisted WC, Bell WH, Rixey PM. The Life Story of Presley Marion Rixey: Surgeon General, U.S. Navy, 1902-1910: Biography and Autobiography. Strasburg, VA: Shenandoah Publishing House, 1930.
- Roos CA. Physicians to the Presidents, and their patients: a bibliography. Bull Med Library Assoc. 1961; 49(3): 291-360.
- McCullough, David. The Path Between the Seas. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1977; page 493.